Thursday, October 29, 2015

Elf Ears

I was browsing Ravelry, quite possibly a favorite past time, for some new patterns.  My husband requested a Link hat with the ears.  I was not a fan of any of the ears that I saw, so I had to make some of my own.  After a few tries I think I hit the jackpot!  Please go easy on me as I don't normally write patterns.



Elf Ears

Cotton WW Yarn (I used Sugar'n'Creme)
I hook

Start with a magic ring
1. 10hdc, sl st
2.  Ch 1, dc, tc, dc, ch 1, st st.
3. Ch1, sc8, 2sc in next st, sc ch 1 sc in next st, 2sc in next st, sc, sl st
Leave a long tail for sewing

These ears will fit a newborn, 0-3 month, or 3-6 month hat.


2 comments:

  1. Are you turning after each row or continuous. Does dc trcdc all go in one st?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrann55. I did it with rnd 2 as Ch 1, dc in same st as ch 1, tc in next st, dc in next st, ch 1, turn. Then did rnd 3. I don't know if that is how the creator of this pattern did it, but it came out well for me.

    ReplyDelete